Frontiers in Emergency Medicine: A work overview for 2021
In 2021, Frontiers in Emergency Medicine published 47 papers on four distinct issues which all are indexed by SCOPUS, Web of Sciences, and some other databases. More than one hundred authors from various nationalities, including the UAE, Egypt, India, Turkey, Yemen, the USA, Palestine, Belgium, and Iran were involved. As is customary, we decided to review our work for the last year and evaluate our strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, we performed a brief appraisal of our published papers. This review may help the authors who are interested in publishing with us to become more familiar with the journal’s aims and scopes, and also the editorial’s priorities and preferences. The year 2021 came to an end with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic as the hottest topic of research worldwide. We also tried to play our part to overcome the pandemic by publishing relevant and useful papers that we believed could help health systems and bring valuable findings from Iran as one of the most affected countries in the world, followed by neighboring countries and the Middle East region.
2. Naser Moghadasi A, Anjidani N. Evaluation of the Incidence, Severity, and Mortality Rate of COVID-19 in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis Receiving Interferon β-1a. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e16.
3. Naser Moghadasi A, Anjidani N, Rashvand F. Could Fampridine Attenuate the Severity of COVID-19 in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis? Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e26.
4. Amini K, Sahebnasagh A, Mojtahedzadeh M. Possible Role of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) in Clinical Outcome of COVID-19 Patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e36.
5. Tahsini Tekantapeh S, Mikaeili H, Soleimanpour H. The Role of Respiratory System Surface Area and Ventilation Volume in Severity and Mortality of COVID-19 Infection. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e27.
6. Rahmani S, Keikha S. Reinfection in COVID-19; Gap Between Theory and Reality. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e37.
7. Dadju PF. A Letter on “Induced Demand after Implementing the Health Reform Plan in Selected Emergency Departments Affiliated to Isfahan University of Medical Sciences: a Cross-Sectional Study”. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e2.
8. Eid M, Al-Kaisy M, Regeia W, Jiwa Khan H. The prognostic accuracy of neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio in COVID-19 patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e8.
9. Jalili Khoshnood R, Ommi D, Zali A, Ashrafi F, Vahidi M, Azhide A, et al. Epidemiological characteristics, clinical features, and outcome of COVID-19 patients in northern Tehran, Iran; a cross-sectional study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e11.
10. Nouri-Vaskeh M, Khalili N, Sharifi A, Behnam P, Soroureddin Z, Ahmadi Ade E, et al. Clinical characteristics of fatal cases of COVID-19 in Tabriz, Iran: an analysis of 111 patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e12.
11. Pishgahi M, Yousefifard M, Safari S, Ghorbanpouryami F. Electrocardiographic findings of COVID-19 patients and their correlation with outcome; a prospective cohort study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e17.
12. Hatamabadi H, Shojaee M, Bagheri M, Raoufi M. Lung Ultrasound Findings Compared to Chest CT Scan in Patients with COVID-19 Associated Pneumonia: A Pilot Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e19.
13. Baigi V, Nedjat S, Yunesian M, Sari AA, Mirzaee M, Allameh SF. Clinical and Epidemiological Features of Hospitalized Patients with COVID-19 in Hospitals of Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e20.
14. Saberian P, Tavakoli N, Hasani-Sharamin P, Kheyrati L, Younesian S, Rafiemanesh H. Seven Criteria of Severe COVID-19 (SCSC): A New Pre-Hospital Prognostic Scoring Tool Suggested for Screening of Probable/Confirmed COVID-19 Patients with Severe Outcomes. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e29.
15. Ebrahimi M, Abiri S, Rayat Dost E, Rahmanian F, Foroughian M, Abbasi A, et al. The Relationship between the Results of Coagulation Profile and Severity of Pulmonary Involvement in COVID-19 Patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e31.
16. Sadeghi R, Toloui A, Pourhoseingholi A, Taherpour N, Sistanizad M, Omidi F, et al. The Prognostic Value of Echocardiographic Findings in Prediction of In-Hospital Mortality of COVID-19 Patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e38.
17. Jalali A, Karimialavijeh E, Babaniamansour P, Aliniagerdroudbari E, Babaniamansour S. Predicting the 30-day Adverse Outcomes of Non-Critical New-Onset COVID-19 Patients in Emergency Departments based on their Lung CT Scan Findings; A Pilot Study for Derivation an Emergency Scoring Tool. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e40.
18. Fahimzad A, Sedighi I, Pak N, Khalili M, Farahmand M, Shokrollahi MR, et al. A Comparative Analysis of Clinical Characteristics and Laboratory Findings of COVID-19 between Intensive Care Unit and Non-Intensive Care Unit Pediatric Patients: A Multicenter, Retrospective, Observational Study from Iranian Network for Research in Viral. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e41.
19. Rahmani S, Norkhomami S, Shahi B, Keykha M. Pregnancy and Childbirth During COVID-19 Pandemic: A Case Series and Review of Literature. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e44.
20. Majidinejad S, Ebrahimi M, Azizkhani R, Mansouri M, Ahmadpour M, Esmailian M, et al. The effects of different doses of submucosal vs. intravenous ketamine for conscious-sedation in children candidates for diagnostic-therapeutic procedures in emergency department. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e5.
21. Nasr Isfahani M, Heydari F, Azizollahi A, Noorshargh P. Comparison of Three Methods for NG Tube Placement in Intubated Patients in the Emergency Department. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e6.
22. Tavakoli F, Tafakhori A, Zebardast J, Khan ZH. A New Technique Employing Direct Tactile Pressure on the common Carotid Artery to Relieve Acute Episode Attack of Migraine Headache: A Single-Arm Interventional Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e7.
23. Golikhatir I, Feyzzadeh Kerigh B, Sazgar M, Jahanian F, Assadi T, Zakariae Z, et al. The Effect of Oral Tamsulosin vs. Oral Tamsulosin and Oral Isosorbide Dinitrate in Acute Urinary Retention Patients Due to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Double-Blind Clinical Trial Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e18.
24. Shohrati M, Mohammadi A, Najafi A, Sharifzadeh M, Sharifnia H, Abdollahi M, et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Melatonin Supplementation on Coagulation in Patients with Haemorrhagic Stroke; A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e32.
25. Can O, Yalcinli S, Altunci Y. Comparison of Video Laryngoscopy and Direct Laryngoscopy in the Success of Intubation Performed by Novice Personnel in Patients with Cervical Immobilization: A Manikin Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e42.
26. Khajebashi SH, Cholmaghani T, Nasr-Esfahani M. Changes in End-Tidal Carbon Dioxide (ETCO2) vs. Changes in Central Venous Oxygen Saturation (ScvO2) and Lactate Clearance as a Quantitative Goal Parameter in Treatment of Suspected Septic Shock Patients. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e3.
27. Asadi S, Ghadirivasfi M, Alavi K, Hassanzadeh M, Hajiakhoundi F, Shariat SV. Clinical Features of Patients Newly Admitted to the Emergency Department of a Psychiatric Hospital with an Emphasis on Physical Examination. Front Emerg Med. 2020;5(1):e4.
28. Khaleghi-Nekou M, Moradi A, Zafarghandi M, Fayaz-Bakhsh A, Saeednejad M, Rahimi-Movaghar V, et al. Epidemiology of Fatal Injuries among Patients Admitted at Sina Hospital, the National Trauma Registry of Iran, 2016-2019. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e9.
29. Alsabri M, AlGhallabi MA, Al-Qadasi FA, Zeeherah AAY, Ebo A, Ghafouri SAR, et al. Patient Safety Culture in Emergency Departments of Yemeni Public Hospitals: A Survey Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e21.
30. Salehi N, Heidari Moghadam R, Rai A, Montazeri N, Azimivghar J, Janjani P, et al. Daily, Monthly, and Seasonal Pattern of ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Occurrence in Western Iran; a Cross-Sectional Study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e28.
31. Ashraf H, Sadatnaseri A, Aminorroaya A, Kuhi Z, Zandi N, Karbalai Saleh S. Left Ventricular Pseudoaneurysm as a Complication of Myocardial Infarction; A Case Series and Review of the Literature. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e30.
32. Abdorrazzaghi H, Hajibarati B, Mohammadi F. Reverse Sural Fascio-Cutaneous Flap for Management of Patients with Distal Third of Lower Limb Soft Tissue Defects Referring to the Emergency Department Following Traumatic Events; A Review of 13 Cases. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e33.
33. Najafi Z, Abbaszadeh A, Vaezi H, Rassouli M, Mirhaghi A, Zohari Anboohi S. Hospital Triage Standards: A Qualitative Study and Content Analysis based on Experts’ Experiences in Iran. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e43.
34. Gur A, Kose A, Oguzturk H. Prognostic Value of Routine Biochemistry Profile of Liver Transplant Patients Admitted to the Emergency Department with a Suspected Infection. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e10.
35. Kariman H, Babadi B, Raofi M, Safari S. Independent Predictors of One-Month Mortality in Patients with Intracranial Hemorrhage; a Cohort study. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e39.
36. Karbalai Saleh S, Oraii A, Soleimani A, Saraee E, Ashraf H. The Primary Angioplasty Registry of Sina (PARS); A Brief Report of Design and Rationale. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e13.
37. Jafari Najafabadi F, Shojaee M, Mousaeinezhad N, Azadbakht O, Arhami Dolatabadi A. Facilitating the Diagnostic Process of the Patients with Complaint of Acute Limb Swelling in Emergency Room; a Brief Report. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e22.
38. Salimi J, Rahimpour E, Zabihi Mahmoudabadi H, Farshidmehr P. Outcomes of Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis in Patients with Acute Arterial Thrombotic Limb Ischemia: A Prospective Interventional Case Series. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e34.
39. Elkady D, Abdella W, Abdella M, Kopeya A, Hamdallah A. Accuracy of SARS-CoV-2 Detection in Saliva for COVID-19 Diagnosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e45.
40. Pooransari P, Ebrahimi A. Evaluation of Mother and Fetus after a Traumatic Event: An Overview. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e14.
41. Ebrahimpur M, Payab M, Pejman Sani M, Larijani B. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): 10 Questions and Discussion Points for Diabetes and COVID-19. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e23.
42. Swaminathane R, Kumar TSS, Duvvada G, Shanmugavel C. Life Threatening Transverse-Lying Vegetable Foreign Body in the Larynx; A Case Report. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(1):e15.
43. Ahmadi SR, Anvari Ardakani S, Kalani N, Habibzadeh SR, Vafadar Moradi E, Foroughian M. COVID-19 Reinfection in a Healthcare Worker; Is There a Definitive Immunity Against SARS-CoV-2? Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e24.
44. Tavoli Z, Montazeri A. Abdominopelvic Pain in Patient with Uterus Didelphys and Unilateral Obstructed Hemivagina and Ipsilateral Renal Agenesis (OHVIRA Syndrome). Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(3):e35.
45. Zabihi Mahmoudabadi H, Mohammadi F, Bahreini M. Unusual Esophageal Foreign Bodies in a Schizophrenic Patient: A Case Report. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e46.
46. Soleimani Z, Hantoushzadeh S, Soleimani A. Severe COVID-19 in a Postpartum Woman: A Three-Month Challenge with Convalescent Plasma and Corticosteroid. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(4):e47.
47. Duvvada G, Swaminathane R, Kumar TSS. Allergic Acute Coronary Syndrome; A Fatal Presentation in the Emergency Department. Front Emerg Med. 2021;5(2):e25.
|Issue||Vol 6 No 2 (2022): Spring (April)|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|